Diet and Nutrition Counseling
Whether you are looking to completely change your diet, manage a medical condition, make more informed food choices or get inspiration for new, healthy recipes, there are many benefits to be gained by working with a professional Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist.
Assist with chronic medical conditions
Complement to counseling for eating disorders
Weight loss or moderation
Individually customized health and fitness goals
Navigating food allergies, dietary sensitivities and intolerance
Medical nutrition therapy or clinical nutrition consultations
Understanding food labels
Prevent and treat illnesses or increase a person’s health by recommending certain foods or diets
Information on dietary supplements
Help with motivation to stay on your healthy eating plan
Dietary Therapy & Nutritional Counseling
All Capital EAP benefits packages include a minimum of one in-person dietary therapy and nutritional consultation with a Board Certified RD/N. Contact Capital EAP or your HR department for your program details.
Unlimited Phone-based consultations for diet and nutrition is available at no-cost to eligible members. Calls are up to 15 minutes to provide answers to questions and recommendations for next steps. To use this service, calls must be scheduled through Capital EAP.
Physical Health and Exercise
Your Capital EAP benefit includes free phone-based consultations with a Certified Personal Trainer to discuss changing and improving your exercise regime. Our personal trainer offers health and exercise tips, nutrition information, and can recommend changes you can make to improve your physical health.
Solutions for Life Problems: Success Coaching
Many of the challenges in life that cause stress and worry can be solved if we know where to go to find solutions. Capital EAP offers free, unlimited access to caring and knowledgeable Success Coaches who can help you to quickly resolve problems that are interfering with your work or your happiness at home.
Provided though our Partnership with the Employer Resource Network (ERN), Success Coaches are skilled at navigating the complex array of community resources available in times of need, and have a wealth of information about services that can help in a crisis. ERN Success Coaches can even advocate and support your effort to resolve issues.
Just a few of the things that an ERN Success Coach can help you with include:
Utilities and disconnections
Job and career considerations
Domestic violence and shelters
Aging parents and elder care
Financial issues, budgeting and loans
Evictions, foreclosures and temporary housing
Local, state and federal assistance programs
Healthcare issues and insurance questions
Education and tuition assistance
When you’re not sure how to solve these or any other problem, a Success Coach is a great place to start. Just call Capital EAP at (518) 465-3813 and say: “I’d like to speak to a Success Coach.”
Life coaching may be defined as “partnering with individuals in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.” Life coaches help individuals produce fulfilling results in their personal and professional lives and help people improve their performances and enhance the quality of their lives. Capital EAP Life Coaches are trained to listen, to observe and to customize their approach to your individual needs.
Professional Life Coaching is provided to help individuals with things like:
Attaining better work-life balance
Improving personal relationships
Addressing spiritual questions
Uncovering and pursuing passions
Learning better communicating skills
Learning new problem solving skills
Building and maintaining greater self-care
Establishing personal boundaries at work and home
Making healthy life changes; diet and exercise
Pursuing educational goals
Getting involved in the community and volunteering
Identifying and maximizing your own strengths
Defining and fulfilling emotional needs
Building personal and professional connections
Life Coaches can help you to identify positive pathways that lead to greater confidence and success. Take your first step toward greater fulfillment by calling (518) 465-3813 and speaking to a Capital EAP Life Coach.
Senior Care Services
Our goal at Capital EAP is to help you by reducing the stress and anxiety that can accompany life-changing events, and assist in finding solutions more quickly. Sometimes, simply knowing you’re not along and there is somebody else on your side, can be enough.
Through our partner, CarePatrol, Capital EAP provides members with help finding quality and safe independent living, assisted living, in-home care, memory care communities and nursing homes. Senior Care Advisors are available to consult on options when the challenge of caring for aging parents begins to become unmanageable or unsustainable.
This free service to Capital EAP members includes:
Phone-based initial consultations with a Nationally Certified Senior Care Advisor where you can ask questions and get professional advice on the steps to improving your situation.
In-person, personal evaluations of your loved-ones care needs, financial abilities, and location preference
Knowledgeable guidance and information about facilities safety ratings, citations and violations, case history and staff turnover
Personal support and guidance through every step of the process
Accompaniment on tours and visitation of each community you may consider
Follow –up visits and periodic post assessments
In addition to the warm and caring support provided to you and your loved ones, CarePatrol maintains a network of referral professionals from Elder Law attorneys to hospices to help you and your family better manage the challenges that come with making these difficult decisions and life changes.
Though our Wellness Partner, Adirondack Health and Wellness, Capital EAP Members may receive discounts for receive specific testing and vaccinations.
- CPR certification
- Completion of this course leads to the trainee being certified for two years in accordance with American Heart Association’s guidelines. A fully validated certification card is issued to all successful attendees at the end of the course.
- Flu Vaccinations
- To improve your chances of avoiding the flu you need to get a flu shot every year. Because Influenza A and B viruses, the two types that cause epidemic human disease, are constantly changing, scientists choose three strains of the flu virus to include in the vaccine each year.
- Travel Vaccinations
- Vaccines are recommended to protect travelers from illnesses present in other parts of the world and to prevent the importation of infectious diseases across international borders. Which vaccinations you need depends on a number of factors including your destination, whether you will be spending time in rural areas, the season of the year you are traveling, your age, health status, and previous immunizations.
- Biometric Testing
- Includes BMI measurements, Glucose Screening, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure, Total Cholesterol Screening.
Smoking Cessation Counseling and Groups
Capital EAP clinicians are experienced in providing individualized smoking cessation plans to help you to quit. In addition to free, individual counseling, Capital EAP also provides members with access to discounted group smoking cessation
Supportive Group Counseling
As a Capital EAP Member, you may join the highly effective Seton Health 7-week “The Butt Stops Here” Smoking Cessation program at 20% Off the $45 regular fee. For only $35 Capital EAP Members receive:
7 sessions (one per week for 7 weeks)
4-6 weeks of nicotine patches or gum
“The Butt Stops Here” workbook
Relaxation CD including deep breathing, 10-minute Power Nap, Self-Hypnosis and Visualization techniques
Your $35 fee may be covered by your insurance carrier
- St. Mary’s Hospital, 1300 Massachusetts Ave. Troy
Mondays in Conference Room A
- Albany Medical Center, 43 New Scotland Ave. Albany
Mondays at the Physician’s Pavilion Entrance, Room A418
- St. Peter’s Cancer Center, 317 South Manning Blvd. Albany
Tuesdays in the Conference Room #210
- Ellis Health Center, 600 McClellan St. Schenectady
Wednesdays in the Conference Room
- The Capital Counseling Behavioral Workshop beginning Summer, 2014
Legal Referrals and Services
As a Capital EAP member, you have access to both free and discounted legal services. Legal assistance is offered for most legal matter including:
Estate planning, probate, wills
Adoption and guardianship
Government entitlements and benefits
Contracts, incorporation and business partnerships
Lease and rental agreements
Custody and support matters
Divorce, separation annulment issues
Legal Services Discounts
- Up to thirty minutes with a local Plan Attorney. The purpose of the initial telephone-based consultation is to help a member understand some of the issues related to the legal matter that has arisen. The attorney will explain options and may provide general advice. The consultation is also the time in which costs of the legal matter are explained.
- 15% Discount on Hourly Rates
- If you need to retain or use the attorney’s assistance beyond the consultation you can do so. If an hourly rate is quoted, you will receive a 25% discount off the attorney’s normal hourly rate.
- Legal Document Review
- As part of your benefits, a local Plan Attorney will review a document six pages in entirety or less at no cost. If you have a document totaling more than six pages, you will receive 15% off the attorney’s hourly rate, if an hourly rate is charged.
- Simple Dispute Resolution
- When a dispute arises with a third party, if the Plan Attorney determines that a simple letter or a phone call to a member’s opposing party is likely to resolve the dispute, you receive this as part of your benefits at no charge for the attorney’s time.
- Capital EAP Members receive discounts associated with the creation of a will:
- If your needs and circumstances fit NYS state’s definition and parameters of a Simple Will, then it is covered by the benefits.
- If your needs and circumstances go beyond the parameters of a simple will, as it is defined by NYS, only by the need for simple minors trust and guardianship, then you pay the low co-pay of $180.00 to the provider – a significant discount from typical fees.
- If your needs and circumstances go beyond the parameters of a simple will with minor’s trust, as it is defined by NYS, then you receive 15% off the attorney’s hourly rate, if an hourly rate is charged
Accessing Legal Services
Your employer must have elected to provide legal services as part of your membership to use this service, and they will have also selected the number of times the service can be used annually. You can contact your HR Department or call Capital EAP directly at (518) 465-3813 for your benefit levels.
To access services, call (518) 465-3813 and speak to a Capital EAP intake agent. You will be provided with a case authorizing number, and either transferred directly to our legal referral services provider, or you can call when you’re ready. It is important that you have the authorization number or services cannot be provided.
Once you’ve been transferred, more information will be gathered about your needs, and an appropriate Attorney will be assigned for your service requirements.
Financial Referrals and Services
As a Capital EAP member, you have access to both free and discounted services from a financial adviser. 30-60 minute confidential financial consultation for information, answers and recommendations are available at no cost to eligible employees and their family members. Some of the issues they can assist with include:
Debt management and reconstruction
Home ownership and mortgages
Should you decide to retain the financial adviser to provide services, hourly rates or fees-for- service are discounted 20%
How to get Financial Services:
Your employer must have elected to provide financial services as part of your membership to use this service, and they will have also selected the number of times the service can be used annually. You can contact your HR Department or call Capital EAP directly at (518) 465-3813 for your benefit levels.
To Access Services, call (518) 465-3813 and speak to a Capital EAP intake agent.
You will be provided with case authorizing number, and either transferred direly to our legal referral services provider, or you can call when you’re ready. It is important that you have the authorization or services cannot be provided.
Once you’ve been transferred, more information will be gathered about your needs, and an appropriate Financial Consultant will be assigned for your service requirements.
Spending years in the military can often make it difficult for some people to adjust to civilian life. For many veterans, past military service can affect all areas of life, including relationships, family, finances, and career goals. Capital EAP can provide counseling and support for veterans and their families to help with many of the unique issues face.
Transitioning to civilian life
Managing interpersonal relationships at work and in the home
Addressing financial concerns
Counseling for mental and emotional health problems
PTSD and specialized treatment modalities
Capital EAP can also provide additional referral services to local veteran’s support service agencies.